You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Handballecke.de - Das Handballforum von Fans für Fans. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 9th 2005, 1:11pm

Ungarn hat neuen Frauen-Trainer

Der Coach von FTC Budapest, András Németh, ist ab sofort neuer Nationaltrainer der ungarischen Frauen. Er unterschrieb einen Vertrag bis zu den OS 2008.

handball.hu: How many interviews have you given today?
Németh András: About 20, and three television channels have already contacted me, too.

handball.hu: What can you tell us about today's meeting?
Németh: All the 12 clubs were represented in the League's assembly. Eight of them supported me and accepted that I work with the national team part-time, three clubs were against it, while on abstained. I must point out here that I understand their views. The next event was the session of the board of the Hungarian Handball Federation, where all participants unanimously supported me, and I'm glad that so many of them sided with me eventually and trust me that I will do my job correctly. In the summer of 2006, before starting to work full-time with the national team, we will sit down with the federation and the board will say if they are satisfied with my work so far or they want a change.

handball.hu: Did the federation accept all your conditions?
Németh: I still have some conditions to be met and I have not seen any contract or written agreement yet.

handball.hu: You built up FTC from scratch thirteen years ago. You seem to like challenges...
Németh: Yes, I am very interested in this challenge, but I had to consider many factors over and over before deciding to take the job. I must say that I highly appreciate the work of my ancestors and I am not sure I can achieve such results with the national team as they did.

handball.hu: We are playing an international match as early as on March 2 against Denmark in Dunaújváros. This clash will probably be a tribute to Anita Kulcsár. What kind of a squad do you want to send on court?
Németh: I am not quite happy to play the Danes right now, and three clashes, too. Any players who 'survive' this period, will be relied on in the future, probably. I will have to submit the squad list by February 28. The squad will be relatively new, as it will consist of such players who accept whatever it takes to get to Beijing and who I consider to be able to reach top form in the Olympics. I see some encouraging signs to build another great team, especially if you consider how the small clubs have performed recently in the Hungarian league. So I think I will have a significant pool to select the 20 players from.

handball.hu: Where do you see weak spots? Have you thought of nationalizing the Slovakian Uhraková for the pivot position after Anita Kulcsár's tragic loss?
Németh: I see three weak spots: pivot, right back, right wing. Although Mehlmann is a clear choice, there's no second to help her. You could actually nationalize Uhraková, but she can't play for two years anyway, and you cannot foresee the future. She might not be palying in Hungary by then, or might not want to be nationalized so I don't want to consider such unstable option. Ivett Nagy's torn cruciate ligament came at the worst possible time, and I heard that she was not going to be operated on. I don't like that at all, especially after the misery Lovász had to go through.

handball.hu: You will have to see lots of matches in the future. How can you do it?
Németh: It won't require any extra effort, as I always visit matches. In addition, Gyula Zsiga will help me enormously as he has a great video collection, so it will be easy to get the material to analyze. The final decisions and the representation of the team will be mainly my responsibility, and he will be my assistant. I have the candidates for the other positions as well, and I will soon submit their names to the federation.

handball.hu: The next task is the World Championship in December. What are your targets?
Németh: We have no specific target, as we don't even have a team yet. The primary target is the Beijing Olympics, the WCh is just a station. First of all, I will have discussions with each team member and ask them about their future plans. There will be changes in terms of the squad list as well as the number of days spent together, as the national team will have less preparation time. I hope that my club trainer colleagues will ensure the necessary stamina for their players so that we don't need to focus on the physical aspect.

handball.hu: What happens to Tímea Sugár? Perhaps your relations are not quite good with her since she left FTC Budapest.
Németh: I must point out that I will select the best. Nothing but performance counts.

handball.hu (bi)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "härter_schneller" (Feb 9th 2005, 1:11pm)

Anzeige