You are not logged in.

Thursday, January 20th 2005, 3:10pm

Anita Kulcsár tödlich verunglückt

Anita Kulcsár Deceased

The Hungarian handball community is devastated. This morning, Anita Kulcsár, the Hungarian international pivot of Dunaferr NK, died in a car accident. She was driving on her way from her house in Sukoró to the morning training session, when her car skidded off the road, crashed into a tree and took fire. Anita Kulcsár lost her life immediately. One of the world's finest pivots was only 28 years old.

We were astounded to hear the news: Anita Kulcsár deceased this morning. The 28-year-old, European Champion, Olympic and WCh silver medalist pivot was driving her Volkswagen Golf along Road 6207 between the villages of Velence and Pusztaszabolcs when she lost control of her vehicle which skidded off the road and crashed into a tree. The car took fire and Anita died immediately.

Anita Kulcsár was born in Szerencs on October 2, 1976. She played 169 times in the Hungarian national team, and scored 402 goals. The extremely talented pivot transferred to GyQr in 1995, where she became a mature player. She continued her career in Cornexi, and transferred to Dunaferr last year. In parallel with her handball career, she was studying law at the Péter Pázmány Catholic University.

Anita Kulcsár's achievements: Olympic silver medalist (Sydney 2000), WCh silver medalist (2003), WCh fifth place (1999), WCh sixth place (2001), European champion (2000), twice ECh bronze medalist (1998, 2004), European Championship fifth place (2002), EHF Cup silver medalist (2002), Hungarian Cup winner, Hungarian champion, Olympic fifth place (Athens 2004).

Three years ago, Anita talked about her future hopes and plans on her website: 'I hope I can realize some more achievements in my handball career both with my club and with the national team. I hope that my dreams will come true, but I'm not telling them yet. Currently I am 25 years old, so I still have a chance to fulfill them.' She was planning to work in the area of fitness and wellness after finishing handball. She was an open, friendly personality, whose smile is an eternal memory for all of us.

She is mourned by her family, teammates and the entire handball community.
Rest in peace, Anita, we'll never forget you!

------------------------------------------
Hungary and the Handball World Mourns

After Anita Kulcsár's tragic death, Hungary and the handball world is mourning. Dunaferr's next Champions League match was postponed from this weekend, while Ferencváros' and GyQr's fans will light candles to pay tribute to her on Friday's FTC-GyQr derby. Dunaferr's league match was also put off from today. Instead, the speechless mourners marched along the city's main street, then placed a forest of candles around the Sports Hall. Europe's handball nations also remember the world's finest attacking pivot.
Dunaújváros Online:

'Due to the tragic loss, the Buducnost Podgorica - Dunaferr Champions League match was postponed from this weekend. Dunaferr NK expresses its gratitude to the Hungarian Handball Federation, the European Handball Federation and Buducnost for their cooperation. The decision makers agreed that the clash would be organized on February 5 or 6 at a time to be specified later.'

Teammates and fans paid tribute together to the excellent handballer in Dunaújváros this evening.

Hundreds of mourners gathered in the main street of Dunaújváros to show their sympathy to the team and Anita's family. It was a heart-breaking sight to see the tear-worn eyes of the players and coaches. Handball fans, colleagues, junior handballers all lit a candle for her. The mourners marched to the entrance of Dunaferr Sports Hall, where they placed their candles for the memory of a great star.

Ferencváros and GyQr 'ultras' are planning a candle ceremony to pay tribute to Anita on Friday's FTC-GyQr derby. The two fan groups will keep silent in the first half of the clash on both sides.

The following message was sent to many Internet users:

'We need your help to collect as many votes as possible for Anita Kulcsár at the World Handball Player of the Year 2004 Award. This is the least we should do to pay tribute to her. All you need to do is to click [URL=http://www.ihf.info/CDA/world_handball_player_of_the_year_2004,11541,0,,en.html?PHPSESSID=da27f92292964e0ebd9814a49ac02196]here[/URL], fill in the form and choose 'other' under the names listed in the the roll-down menu at World Handball Player of The Year 2004 (Women) and write ANITA KULCSÁR (HUN) in the small window.'
European handball nations are mourning as well. The Danish and Norwegian media presents the tragic news in the headlines.
Gro Hammerseng: 'It is a terrible tragedy. At such times, you view the world from a very different perspective.'

Handball.hu presents an earlier interview with Anita, in which she was talking about the particularities of her life, her likes and dislikes, as well as her future plans that she will never be able to realize any more. In addition, we have compiled an Anita Kulcsár picture gallery in which we will follow her career. This is our way to express our condolences to 'Kulcsi's' family and fans.

Do you have a pet?
No, I don't unfortunately, because there's no room for them.

What kind of music do you like?
I like various kinds of music, but my favourite is latino music.

Who's your favourite singer?
Eros Ramazotti, Ricky Martin

Which is your favourite film?
I have many: Life of Brian, Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail, and Robert de Niro's films

If you had an offer from abroad, would you transfer to a foreign club?
It would depend on many factors, but I would definitely consider it. I have been planning to test myself abroad for a while.

Which post would you like to play if you were not a pivot?
I became a pivot when I transferred to Gyõr. I like this post now, but it has not always been like this. But I don't mind now, this is what destiny had for me.

Which is your favourite foreign handball team?
I don't really have one. If there's a good match on TV, either Hungarian or foreign, I watch it if I can. I like Danish handball very much, it is the best and most spectacular abroad.

Do you have a role model?
No. I like the play of many handballers. Among others: Heidi Astrup, Kjersti Grini, Heidi Tjugum, Tonje Kjaergaard

Which is your most memorable match?
We advanced to the EHF Cup final with GyQri ETO in 1999. We played against Viborg and these two matches are quite memorable for me. The team and I personally played very well.

Your worst match?
It also happened in GyQr, it was a league match against Debrecen. I blundered all the time. Really! Eventually, I could do nothing but laugh! Fortunately, we won anyway.

What's your hobby?
I like taking excursions, I love the sea, and I'm crazy about music.

Are you superstitious? Luckily, I'm not.

What are your good characteristics on and off court?
The features that are important for a pivot: adaptability and alertness are typical of me in private life as well. I am an optimist by nature and cheerful. When I enter the court, I focus on the game completely. I always try to show my best that day.

What are your bad characteristics on and off court?
I tend to be forgetful, and I would not make a good king, because punctuality is not my virtue at all. Those who know me accept it, and they just smile. Others think that these things are not important for me and that is why I am late. But if they read this, they will know it's nothing personal, just a bad habit. If you want to know my faults on court, you should ask my coaches!
-----------------------

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "härter_schneller" (Jan 20th 2005, 3:10pm)

Felix0711

IG-Handball: Vorstandsmitglied

• "Felix0711" is male
  • Favorite club

Thursday, January 20th 2005, 3:38pm

Quoted

nachrichten.ch
Anita Kulcsar tödlich verunglückt

Die ungarische Handball-Internationale Anita Kulcsar ist in ihrer Heimat an den Folgen eines Autounfalls gestorben.

Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2005 / 15:16 h

Die 28-Jährige war auf der vereisten Strasse in Schleudern geraten und gegen einen Baum geprallt.
MfG Felix0711

"Deshalb unterstütze ich mit vollstem Enthusiasmus ein Projekt, das abendländischen Humanismus mit moderner Technik verbindet – den Bau eines unterirdischen Doms!"
Harald Schmidt

Monday, January 31st 2005, 9:13pm

http://vnet.hu/spigott/emlekezes.wmv

Sehr faire & bewegende Geste: Im CL Spiel CBM Astroc Sagunto - Dunaferr SE ehren Spielerinnen und Offizielle die verstorbene Anita Kulcsár.

Anzeige